Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Enough is Enough!

Ok, "The Man" (aka BellSouth) is no longer going to keep me down! I have to work out the right brain ASAP! You know, you can have it all (great hubby, devoted pooch, awesome house, close family and friends) but there's always going to be a dark lining on that silver cloud I like to call life. This time it's the job. Yeesh. I just wish that whole "fairy princess" thing could've worked out for me, because I just don't know if I'm cut out for the advertising biz. Last week I had to supervise a 2-day commercial shoot with 20-plus kids and a cantankerous Southern lawyer who couldn't read the teleprompter, no matter how big the type was on it (I do believe Stevie Wonder could have read the damn thing!) Those of you who know me, know how much I do not enjoy the company of children. So, you can probably figure out what kind of an experience I had - especially when (unbeknownst to me) my boss cancelled lunch for the young'uns. That and having to deal with a bunch of poilte-but-pushy stage moms (can my child have a close up?) and you can see why I pretty much wanted to shove my head in the oven last week. At least a nice, relaxing family Thanksgiving calmed me down a bit. I promise to update this thing on a much more regular basis - as it is one of the few things that's keeping me sane. As I'm still on dial-up (and an antiquated computer at work - no USB ports!), you will have to paint pictures in your mind, until such time I can add them. But, starting tomorrow - recap-o-rama!

No comments: