Thursday, January 29, 2009

Facebook is my new shrink

I love the Facebook. Not only have I found a bunch of people I haven't heard from in years (and one I never wanted to ever set eyes on again), but I'm learning even more about myself - and how dysfunctional I truly am.


Take, for example, this list of "25 Things People Might Not Know About Me." Would you send a friend request to this person?


1. I am obsessed with Peter Frampton (actually, a lot of people know that).
2. The movie I have seen the most is “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” (see item #1), which I have seen well over 100 times (including watching it with Patrick Williams on my 21st birthday, the morning of which my purse – and ID – were stolen…and it was a Sunday. Sucks to be me. My purse, car and $750 from my bank account/credit card were stolen on my 22nd birthday, but that’s another story.)
3. I am desperately trying to write a book. I have some short stories, but that’s about it (who has the time?)
4. My dream job is to be a stand-up comedian (Mike, you were responsible for this!) I did do improv in Atlanta for a few years, and would actually love to do it again.
5. When people win awards or get any kind of special recognition on TV, I get teary-eyed.
6. I harbor a deep-seeded fascination with Geri “Ginger Spice” Halliwell and have every single one of her Spice Girl dolls. I’m not kidding.
7. I wish I could sing above the quality of a karaoke singer (which I’ve been told I’m not too bad at – by drunk people.)
8. I want to learn Japanese and to play the guitar.
9. I loathe peas.
10. I have never seen “It’s A Wonderful Life.” For some reason, this annoys people.
11. I’m not fond of children (in general – my friends’ kids - and the kids in my immediate and extended families - are an exception to the rule, because they’re all angels, of course. I will only ever be a mommy to Boo (my white Shepard.)
12. I have completed five half marathons, and am training for my sixth. This is coming from a girl who was ranked as the worst high school cross country runner in 1985 (and due to loads of knee problems, I actually walk the races.)
13. I played a “fish farmer” (otherwise known as an extra) on an episode of “SeaQuest DSV”, and got to “act” with Michael York.
14. I was cast as Marilyn Munster for Universal’s Halloween Horror Nights back in 1997. Sadly, I never got to perform (but neither did the kid they cast as Eddie.)
15. I was a full-time vegetarian for a few years. I went veggie because I saw (on an episode of “Pop Up Video”) that Fiona Apple lost ten pounds when she went meat-less. Nowadays, I try, but I can’t resist sushi and the occasional chicken wing. I very rarely eat red meat.
16. I have an ever-increasing respect for the music of Barry Manilow.
17. My most embarrassing celebrity encounter was meeting Eric Idle and, after mentally rehearsing an eloquent, intelligent speech complementing him on his body of work (especially “The Rutles”), I blurted out “You’re my favorite Monty Python guy!” (I was much cooler when I met Tim Curry.)
18. I could go to theme parks every single day – even though I worked at EPCOT (Journey Into Imagination/Captain EO and Communicore), Disney’s Hollywood Studios (Star Tours) and Universal (I was a “grip” in the stage show at the Hitchcock attraction and was a VIP studio guide for about two years.) I was also a CNN tour guide (twice!)
19. The day I can no longer eat obnoxiously spicy food will be the worst day of my life.
20. I didn’t have a real boyfriend until I was 17. Although, my first boy/girl “date” was seeing “Chariots of Fire” with Michael Clare in 1981.
21. I love “judge” shows (Judy, Mathis, People’s Court) and true crime documentaries and books.
22. I have way too many books in my library that I never finished – and a few I haven’t read at all.
23. I have visited Ireland, England, Jamaica, the Carribean, Mexico, Costa Rica, Australia, France, Scotland, Canada and Japan, but my dream vacation still involves going to LA to be on “The Price is Right” – and I have to play Plinko.
24. If I could live anywhere in the world, I’d have to pick Atlanta, with LA coming in a close second.
25. I am rarely ever not in high heels. When I lived in Orlando, I often bought them from a stripper store.
26. It was surprisingly hard coming up with this list!

No comments: