Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'm back!

Figured now would be as good a time as any to revisit my blog - now that I am almost settled into my new job. The last week at the former place of employment was...well...different would be a good description. A TV production crew was on campus to shoot some segments for an upcoming reality show (which I am still not at liberty to discuss.) I did come to the realization that PR people should not involve themselves in televison production if they can avoid it at all. The week was a flurry of walkie-talkies, last minute changes of plans, running around and sweating in the sweltering pre-hurricane season Florida climate. It was nice t see how much I'd be missed when I was gone. I think I actually managed to make a few friends in the process, so that's good.

Now, I am at the ad agency, and I have AN OFFICE! I have worked in cubes for such a long time that I forgot the simple delights of space of one's own. I may actually bring my own stuff to populate this space - as opposed to looking at pictures of other people's children (as I have been doing as a temp - not complaining though - it's as close as I'll ever be to having kids!

This entry is going to be a short one. I hope to later detail the exploits invoilved in cooking my husband's birthday dinner tonight. Hilarity is sure to ensue.

No comments: