Monday, July 14, 2008

Damn You, VH-1!

I thought I'd take a break from my frustrating job search and cruise the boob tube for a little while. I noticed that VH-1 Classic had on a concert by one of my all-time favorite bands, Journey, so I thought that nothing would bring a little sunshine to my day like a little Steve Perry. And, to my surprise it was not the Journey of my youth, but the Journey tribute band, the Neal Schon Project. I'm always one to root for the underdog but I'm sorry, no one who won lead singer duties for a band with a YouTube video is a member of my Journey. And...it's VH-1 Classic anyway, doesn't that mean it should be the classic members (I know Steve Perry wasn't one of the original members of Journey either, but Perry-era Journey kicked ass)? So, as a tribute to the line-up that had me drawing scarab spaceships on all of my notebooks in high school, I bring you what I should have been watching this afternoon...




Notice I didn't go with the obvious, "Don't Stop Belivin'" - "Stone In Love" is an unappreciated gem of a ditty.

No comments: